Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Renters Insurance

Your landlord probably has insurance to cover the house or apartment building that you live in, but if your bicycle or television is stolen, that's your problem. Landlord Jim Eury says his insurance covers his property only. It does not cover his tenant's belongings nor does it cover them in case there is a lawsuit against them. Renters insurance will replace your property if it is stolen or destroyed in a fire. It also provides liability coverage in case you are sued. Before buying, estimate the value of your belongings. Bill Bailey, Insurance Information Institute says insurance policies have limits on coverage for expensive items such as jewelry, furs, and computers. You will need a special floater for these items to be fully covered. The price for renters insurance varies by company. For more information, check with your agent or company representative.

For more information about insurance, go to the I.I.I. Web site at http://www.iii.org

No comments:

Post a Comment